QUARTZ is a ceramic coating that bonds Silicon and Oxygen. This ordering creats a highly hydrophobic surface that will defend against contaminates.
What is it?
QUARTZ will create a glass like coating that is highly durable. This coating will have high chemical and contaminate resistance. As well as having high uv stability to aid in paint oxidation. This creates easier maintenance on your vehicle.
Where can you use QUARTZ?
QUARTZ can be used on all paint, wheels, plastic, rubber moldings, glass and gel coat surfaces.
Difference between Glass Coatings & Ceramic Coating?
Glass is a solid state while Cermaci Coatings are in a crystaline structure that has a low engery state. This makes Ceramic very durable with high resistance to chemical reactions.
How are QUARTZ ceramic coatings applied?
- QUARTZ coatings are applied with a foam applicator or similar. Run a bead of product on the block and apply in straight lines with 50% overlap onto areas approximately 3’ x 3’.
- Once the product has had a few moments (1 to 5 minutes depending on the temperature) to set, seen by a “rainbowing effect”, the excess material is gently removed using a microfiber cloth and buffed to a high gloss.
- Keep turning the microfiber towel while wiping down, until there are no streaks.
- This process is repeated on each subsequent cross-section of the automobile until it is completely coated.
How long before I wipe down the QUARTZ ceramic coating?
On average anywhere from 1 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature, the colder it is the longer you leave it to set up. The hotter it is the faster it will dry. As soon as it becomes tacky wipe it down.
How long until my vehicle can get wet or have water introduced to the surface?
- It’s recommended to prevent water from coming into contact with the curing ceramic coating for 12-24 hours after being applied.
- If within 24 hours water does find its way to the surface, it will not damage the coating, simply wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.